The weekend and the days surrounding the weekend were full of entertainment and lack thereof.
Thursday night I attended the official opening night of the Globe Theatre's "Dogbarked". A very Saskatchewan play about two brothers trying to name their town of 2 people. Their efforts are interrupted by a big city couple trying to find their dog (not the dog referred to in the title). "Humour" and "innuendo" follow. If you think too hard about the play it becomes bad. If you don't think too much, or at all, it can be a humourous distraction from the cold Saskatchewan weather. Who knew I was bent?!?
Friday consisted of an office retreat for which we did our personality colour assessment. For the record my colours are as follows (from brightest to palest), Yellow, Blue, Green, Red. In a nutshell, I'm a hardworking, loyal man that is sometimes compassionate and thoughtful of others, while I occasional tackle things methodically, I very rarely like the spontaneous. Colours is somewhat accurate in a very vague way.
Friday night I joined friends for dinner before heading to Regina's one and only gay bar to experience their latest experiment - a lounge atmosphere on the dance floor before all the dancers show up at around midnight. Although not very many in attendance our group all had fun. We talked, laughed, watched "Citizen Cane", mocked one another (who knew Cameron and Deiters were common names?!?) and drank. All in all a pretty good night - one for which we will attempt again soon.
Ramblings and Confessions of a Small City Fag #3: Gay bars scare me.
Ramblings and Confessions of a Small City Fag #4: Gay bars should scare everyone.
Advice of a Small City Fag#1: Everyone should experience gay bars.
Saturday's highlight was seeing "Dreamgirls". I resisted seeing this movie until a number of people said it was good. I went. It was good. My large drink led me to be in some pain for the last third of the movie and all of the credits - but I survived. I even survived the car trouble we experienced afterwards - I had pee'ed by then.
Sunday was low key. church. parents, tv, laundry
Monday is/was a day off for me with no particular purpose. I finished laundry, swam, cooked/baked a bit and relaxed.
Is it Friday yet?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment