Sometimes I think I'm destined to end up with a man who wears a toque.
In my humble opinion, toques should be worn in winter and outside. The fashion of wearing them inside seems a bit odd to me.
Last night I went out for drinks and some dancing with co-workers (past and present) and some of their friends. As is the usual case in such situations we all had way too much to drink, but enjoyed ourselves (at least I did). We had a table close to the dance floor and at one point I was taking a breather and watching others dance when a young man wearing a toque grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. I suppose at this point I should note that we were at a straight bar. I found this advance somewhat odd, but in my intoxicated state I went with it and started to dance. We danced in a very inconspicuous way for a while...at the same time I was trying to figure this guy out...was he gay? bi? drunk? high? what the hell was his deal? After a song or two, I guess he realized where he was and then wandered off to bump and grind with women. I saw this same guy later in the evening....he had stripped down to his t-shirt presumably due to the heat...but was still wearing the toque....go figure.
This experience alone wouldn't lead me to think I was destined to be with a toque wearer.
The last time I dated (the old fashioned kind) it was with a 20 year old film student. We first met at the gay bar. He spotted me and sent a mutual acquaintance over to indicate his interest. It took me and my friends a while to figure out who this guy was. We eventually narrowed it down to a tall, skinny guy...wearing...you guessed it...a toque. My friends quickly attached the nickname of Toque Boy that stuck...even today he is referred to as Toque Boy. We saw each other for a few weeks. We had a good time together. I even let him spend the night (he was the first person I allowed to do this...and come to think of it the last guy who spent the night). In the end, the differences between us became too evident and we mutually decided to call it quits.
Maybe I should invest in a toque....
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please don't continue to date toque boys -- then we'll have to start referring to them as Toque Boy 1, Toque Boy 2, Toque Boy 3 ad infinitum AND sit around arguing things like "No, it was Toque Boy 3 who had the extra thumb, Toque Boy 2 bred St. Bernards"
Post a Comment