OK...despite being single and OK with it...I occasionally have the twinge of wanting to get married. These twinges usually creep up after watching TV shows and/or movies that deal with marriage or when I attend weddings. I'm particularly twingey if the show involves main characters committing their lives together after many years of being in love or a close friend is getting married.
Tonight the culprit was ER when two main characters finally got married. The groom arranged it to be a surprise wedding that in the end worked out well...at least for those getting married. It made me think of what my wedding (if I have one) would be like..who I would be marrying...who would be in my wedding party...blah blah blah. I think of these things for a few minutes...and then remember the sage advice a friend gave me:
At another friend's wedding C and I were dancing when I said "I want to get married." She replied "No you don't, you just want the day." Sometimes C is incredibly wise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment