I swim. It's the only exercise that I currently enjoy and thus don't mind doing. I swim laps. I swim laps in the slow lane (refers to the speed, not the mental capacity of the swimmers). When swimming laps there is some common courtesies one should extend to other swimmers...let someone pass you easily...don't use others' flutter boards and/or other equipment, etc. These courtesies usually allows the swimming society to function relatively normally... with a few exceptions that I run into quasi routinely.
1. The Newbie. The newbie does not always know these rules. They will not let you pass easily and will sometimes use your stuff...well the pool's stuff but the stuff you dug out of the storage closet for your use. All of these are excusable as they don't know any better.
2. The Swimming Asshole. The most recent rendition of the swimming asshole is a middle aged guy that swims/floats/wades with his flippers....won't allow you to pass although he sees/knows you are right behind him. He has an irregular routine of strokes and times his breaks abnormally leaving him completely unpredictable...and extremely annoying. Even more annoying is that he although I'm sure he started swimming hours before me...he doesn't leave until I'm on my last couple of laps or just after I'm done. Even worse...he's ugly and not entertaining to look at in the pool or the change room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"I swim laps in the slow lane (refers to the speed, not the mental capacity of the swimmers)"
Too funny! Made me giggle. Had I been drinking something I would have snorted it out of my nose!
Post a Comment