I (along with a good friend of mine) painted my bedroom. I hadn't done anything to my bedroom since buying the house. So the bedroom was a cream colour and was rather bland. Now it's a deep grey and a bright red. I still have to get a few pictures on the wall, but the pics give you and idea of how it looks. I like it.
After a couple year hiatus, Regina's most fabulous Oscar party has returned. My complaining friend and his husband throw a great Oscar party with a few of their close friends and with the most fabulous food and drink that is inspired by the nominated (or not) movies of the year. This year proved to be just as good, even if it was uninspired and unoriginal due to the uninspired and unoriginal movies nominated. Even I agree that Dreamgirls was robbed in some respects.
The rest of the week was occupied by sleeping, cleaning, swimming, cooking, and catching up on some movies.
I decided I should watch a few classic movies that I had yet to see. I rented Gone with the Wind, Deliverance, and Saving Private Ryan. Also ended up seeing An Inconvenient Truth. All were good in their own respects.
Ramblings and Confessions of a Small City Fag #10: I almost never hate a movie. (One notable exception to this - A Thin Red Line - a friend of mine owes me 3 hours of my life back for making me see this horrid movie).
Saving Private Ryan - Good to have seen once, but not twice. It was a good story, but predictable at times. FYI - no soldier's teeth have ever been that white...then or now. I now need to see Saving Ryan's Privates.
Gone with the Wind - The American South the way it was. The movie that never ends. Longest movie ever at a running time of 12 hours. Complete with an Overture and an Intermission. Good to have seen once, but not twice. Costumes were great. Having seen it, the Carole Burnett curtain dress sketch is all the more funny!
Deliverance - The American south the way it is. A good movie overall. A few unnecessary scenes, but good nonetheless. More of Ned Beatty than I really needed to see...but a small sacrifice for the art of a film.
An Inconvenient Truth - OK Al...we get it!!! Enough already! The Planet is going to hell in a hand basket if we don't do something. We got it in the first 20 minutes....move on. You may want to tell us what we can and should be doing rather than drilling your point home again and again...and again.
I also did a bit of shopping. In the past couple of months I have been losing a bit of weight…as a result most of my pants, although wearable, are a bit big and baggy. I discovered that I have gone down a size in my pants....technically two sizes if I really wanted to but they are still a bit tight. I ended up buying a pair of jeans and a pair of khakis. I can't remember the last time I went down a size!
A couple more days before I head back to work...
2 comments:
Love the paint job! And congrats on moving down a pant size.
This blog reminds me of a game we used to play when I was in the senior year(s) of my English degree...the game was called shame and was based on the willingness of one to publically admit to what important books he/she had not read but should have...the more important the book the greater the shame but the more points and I think you got to drink more;-) I think I always won....
Post a Comment