Ramblings and Confessions of a Small City Fag #11: I have a bachelor’s degree in Administration.
Ramblings and Confessions of a Small City Fag #12: I have a master’s degree in Public Administration.
My education in public administration as well as my career in a quasi public organization has taught me to be vague. Not deceivingly vague, but to use language, when at all possible, that provides information and/or answers questions without cornering anyone and/or laying the ground work for future accusations of fault.
This talent/skill bleeds into my personal life as has been recently pointed out to me. When invited to do something or be somewhere I will answer with "I suppose I could do that" or "I think I could be there". In my mind, very positive answers. In my friends' minds, vague, indecisive and non-committal. One mustn't sound too eager after all.
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment